Season 8, Episode 2 (153)
Original Air Date - 28 September 2015
Beckett is on the run with a man who says they're both being targeted by the "Zero Dark Thirty All-Stars", and for some reason she can't confide in Castle. When he finally catches up to her, it turns out there's far more to the threat than she anticipated - and to chase it down she decides to put distance between herself and her husband. Follows the same events as in "XY", from Kate's point of view.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Captain of the 12th Precinct
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Toks Olagundoye - Hayley Shipton
- Sunkrish Bala - Vikram Singh
- Coby Ryan McLaughlin as Brooks
- Jack Coleman as William Bracken
- Jason Ambrose as Henchman
- Ann Cusack as Rita
- Jacquelyn Obradors as Allison Hyde
Vikram: This is so not how I saw my life playing out. I joined the AG's office to make a difference, maybe impress a girl. OK - a lot of girls. The point is, I thought I'd be saving the world from behind a computer, not being hunted for sport by the Zero Dark Thirty all-stars. Beckett: Today was going to be my first day as the captain of the 12th Precinct. The worst thing I thought I would be facing was working without Castle. And then you called.
Rita: Absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder, but it sure does wonders for the libido.
Beckett: So what are you, CIA? Rita: Oh God, no, I'm a different three-letter agency. Much more exclusive. Beckett: Do you actually expect me to believe that? Rita: I did save your life, dear.
Vikram: Oh, God, I think I'm going to hurl. Beckett: Try to keep it together. (Beckett looks at the blood on he hand while she drives) Vikram: Oh, God, I'm definitely going to hurl. (Beckett reaches for her mobile phone. Vikram grabs it and throws it out of the window) Beckett: What the hell are you doing? Vikram: That's how they found us. They tracked your phone. They used it to track you to me. Beckett: I've been shot. I need to get to a doctor and we need to call the cavalry. Vikram: That's going to be the last call you ever make. Look, whoever these guys are, they are hacked in everywhere, which means anybody you call is going to wind up dead.
Beckett: What's the matter with you? Vikram: Headache ... dizzy... I need to eat something ... Beckett: Yeah, well, maybe you should have grabbed some breakfast this morning instead of calling me. Vikram: I'm a diabetic. I'm gonna need insulin. Beckett: (Taking off shirt, threading needle) Yeah, well, one medical emergency at a time. Vikram: Is it bad? Beckett: It could be worse. I'm going to start sewing, and you're going to tell me what the hell's going on here.
Beckett: When I started at the AG's office, I ran a keyword search hunting for criminality linked to Bracken and i never got ahit. Vikram: Well, yesterday you did. And five people are dead because of it.
Beckett: Tell me everything you remember about the memo. Vikram: Most of it was redacted. But there was a word written in the margin: LOKSAT. That made me curious, so I looked it up. It came up empty, so I forwarded the whole thing to Agent McCord and forgot about it. Twelve hours later, they were dead. And I was running for my life.
Beckett: Castle, just - shut up and kiss me.
Castle: Right, right - (dives in)
Full Episode Recap
- William Bracken
- Cause of death: Stabbed to death in his jail cell
- Perp: "Unknown"
- Motive: Probably connected to the source of the "LOKSAT" operation
- Assistant AG Allison Hyde
- Cause of death: Gunshot to the head
- Perp: "Unknown"; gunshot may or may not have been self-inflicted
- Motive: If suicide, the victim may have killed herself to protect her family; if homicide, she may have been a patsy