Unholy Storm is the fourth in a series of four graphic novel "adaptations" of the books written before the start of the series featuring Castle's hero, Derrick Storm. It is based on the sixth Derrick Storm text novel of the same name. Although five graphic novels were planned by Marvel, in the event only four were published. It is written by Cullen Bunn, with artwork by Robert Atkins, Will Sliney and Andrea Mutti.
From Amazon.com: The best-selling graphic novel saga, based on the world of ABC's hit primetime series, continues! Derrick Storm is back. And he has a new, deadly case to solve. When the daughters of four high-powered international businessmen are discovered dead in NY, the NYPD scrambles to bring the murderer to justice. But when a fifth girl is found mutilated in a pool of her own blood, her prestigious French family hires Derrick Storm to run his own investigation and find the real killer. Storm has only one lead - a strange symbol drawn in blood. Storm enlists the help of the beautiful and daring Clara Strike, his CIA handler. Together they uncover a deep web of deception under the guise of mysticism and devotion. And in a race against time, this most unlikely pair unlock a mystery capable of creating global catastrophe!
- Pages: 112
- Cover: Hardcover
- Publisher: Marvel
- ISBN-10: 0785190295
- ISBN-13: 978-0785190295
- Introduction by Castle
- Two breakdowns showing how a page is developed from script to final art
- Illustrated, combined real/fictional bibliography (from richardcastle.net)
- Derrick Storm - Successful private investigator and occasional CIA operative, currently somewhat down on his luck again
- Clara Strike - Charismatic, mysterious CIA agent, Storm's handler
- Joe - sleepy owner of the coffee shop where Storm is now meeting clients
- Denisha Aurand - daughter of a successful businessman, murdered in a nightclub
- Mr Aurand - her father, who hires Storm in desperation
- Lamont - a voodoo priest and friend of Storm's in New Orleans
- 'Lenglensou' - Assassin with zombie-like appearance with connection to a voodoo practitioner
- Mama Seraphina - Voodoo priestess in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Jean-Paul Dominique - Former member of the Tonton Macoute, now a voodoo cult leader
- Helena Aurand - wife of Mr Aurand
References in episodes
- In Veritas, Castle can be seen pre-signing copies of Wild Storm and Unholy Storm in his hotel room while he calls Beckett. There are also large display posters of the book covers in his room.
Order here from Amazon.com