Season 8, Episode 7 (158)
Original Air Date - 16 November 2015
The team investigate the death of a young man who apparently seduced married women for money. Meanwhile, Castle is trying to plan a surprise for Beckett on their one-year anniversary.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Captain of the 12th Precinct
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Toks Olagundoye - Hayley Shipton
- Sunkrish Bala - Vikram Singh
- Andrea Roth - Nancy Underwood
- Dawn Michaels – Claire Stephens
- Anya Monzikova - Annika Smythe
- Lindsay Price - Lindsey Trent
- Moronai Kanekoa - Scott McCoy
- Matthew Jaeger - George Keller
- Brynn Thayer - Penelope Keller
- June Carryl - Therapist
- Sheldon Bailey - Anton Ford
- When Beckett finds a piece of confetti from the anniversary surprise on Castle's collar, he explains it away by saying "Oh, that's mine. It's ... Australian money". Several seasons ago, an Australian five-dollar note was rolled up and put inside the trunk of one of the elephants on Beckett's desk by Stana during a fan visit to the set, and has stayed there ever since. That elephant also featured during a scene in A Murder is Forever.
Ryan: How many times do I have to say I'm sorry for shooting you in the ass? It was an accident! When are you going to let it go?
Esposito: When I can sit on my ass without using a pillow!
Castle: Hello Lanie, you look lovely today!
Lanie: I look lovely every day, Castle, and, no, you cannot see the body.
Ryan: Castle, you're supposed to be be our buffer - buff!
Castle: (casually walking: past) Hey! What did I miss?
(Beckett plucks a piece of confetti of his collar and looks at it, puzzled)
Castle: Oh! That's mine. It's ... er... Australian money.
Beckett: (looking at the video on the tablet): Is that the lawyer?
Ryan: Er, that is the live stream from Castle's glasses.
Beckett: So you sent Castle on a surveillance mission after I told you he was not to work any more NYPD cases?
Ryan: We didn't think you should know. We were trying to protect you.
Beckett: By sending my husband to the city's top divorce attorney?
Esposto: (after a :pause) ... happy anniversary?
Lindsey Trent: Are you set on divorce? Or is there still hope?
Castle: Well, um … that’s a rather unusual question for a divorce attorney to ask.
Castle: He's the president of the entire Keller empire. Toys, videogames, educational books - you name it. It's a multi-billion-dollar company.
Alexis: And a brand synonymous with family values, which is ironic, as he's a renowned playboy. He's already on to wife number three.
Castle: You say that like it's a bad thing.
Beckett: You're a wise man, Castle. With a good heart. You're rather good-looking, too.
Castle: You might want to pace yourself on the flattery. We've got a whole dinner to get through.
Ryan: (to Linsey) Don't move or I'll shoot your ass!
Esposito: He'll do it too. Trust me.
Ryan: Wanna come over, watch some UFC? Jenny made tofu.
Esposito: I like the sound of that. The UFC part.
Beckett: (after kissing) Wait .. this doesn't mean that we're ...
Castle: No. This is just a time-out from the time-out.
Castle: Yeah. (pause) So ... time in?
Castle: Yeah. (They kiss)
Castle: It's even better than I remembered.
Beckett: Well, I had to save some moves for year two.
Castle: Kate, I have never given up hope. Not since the day we met. And that'll never change until you tell me it should.
Beckett: Then don't change. Ever.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Scott McCoy, reformed pick-up artist
- Cause of death: Stabbed at least nine times in his apartment
- Perp: Lindsey Trent
- Motive: She feared that Scott's renunciation of his former profession would expose her underhand tactics in employing him to win divorce cases