Season 6, Episode 15 (120)
Original Air Date - February 17, 2013
The murder of a high school mean girl draws Castle back to one of his many alma maters, where he is giddy to learn that the evidence points to a surprising perpetrator – a teenage telekinetic, throwing he and Beckett into a real-life “Carrie”.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Detective
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Penny Johnson Jerald - Victoria Gates, Captain
- Maya Stojan - Tory Ellis, NYPD Tech
- Sam Anderson - Principal Dunnan
- Hannah Marks - Jordan Gibbs
- Malese Jow - Hillary Cooper
- Victory Van Tuyl - Kris Howard
- Leigh Parker - Lucas Troy
- Lori Alan - Ms. Papen, Jordan's Aunt
- Cas Anvar - Dr. Rampinel
- Jackie Debatin - Realtor
- John Mese - Charles Beaumont, Madison's father
- Natasha Hall - Jordan Beaumont
- Julie Pinson - Mrs. Beaumont
- Sam Towers - Riley Mitchum
- Arianna Ortiz - Librarian
- Liz Benoit - Principal's assistant
- Will Deutsch - Nerdy Guy
Castle & Beckett: (simultaneously) Do we not have a song?
Castle: We must have a song.
(Beckett’s phone rings.)
Beckett: And it looks like they’re playing it now. (She answers) Beckett.
Castle: She was thrown against the ceiling? That is a superhuman feat, bordering on physically impossible.
Beckett: Okay, Castle. Let’s hear it. What’s your outlandish theory?
Castle: Isn’t it obvious? Madison made The Hulk angry.
Beckett: Castle, none of this adds up. What were those girls so afraid of? What happened in that cafeteria?
Castle: I’d offer a theory but I’m too busy having detention flashbacks.
Castle: But I’m sure that old battleax is long since retired. Put out to pasture, so to speak.
Principal Dunan: Was that a bovine reference, Mr. Rodgers?
Castle: Principal Dunan, you’re … uh … still here.
Dunan: And sadly you have returned.
Castle: The outcast. The mean girls. The rage that erupts in a telekinetic attack. This is a real life Carrie.
Esposito: Big deal. She’s an X-Men fan.
Ryan: Maybe because she’s one of them.
Castle: Clearly Jordan had powers and was trying to understand them. This is exactly like the movie Carrie.
Beckett: Yes, exactly like the movie. Fictional.
Castle: How did you do that?
Dr. Rampinel: The power of a focused mind.
Beckett: Yeah, I saw that trick in Vegas.
Ryan: She even kind of looks like Carrie.
Esposito: No she does not. Besides, how would that little skinny girl throw Madison up against the ceiling?
Castle: With powers we have yet to comprehend. (to Beckett) Be careful in there. Don’t anger her. We don’t know what she’s capable of.
Beckett: You’re right. You should probably go in there with me. For protection.
Castle: 1987. A year when The Bangles taught us how to walk like an Egyptian. Bon Jovi taught us to live on nothing but a prayer. And Rick Astley taught us how to laugh.
Castle: And why didn’t you go to your prom? I’m sure 17 year old Katherine Beckett had many a young suitor.
Beckett: Yeah, except rebel Becks was a little too cool to go to a silly dance, so I went to a poetry slam in the East Village instead. It’s one of those seminal moments that I kinda wish I hadn’t skipped out on.
(He raises his glass in a toast.)
Castle: To the things we missed.
Beckett: And to those we didn’t.
Castle: Tell me again why he left the country?
(Beckett bites her lip with a wry expression. Behind him RYAN clears his throat.)
Ryan: Well, you’re not going to want to hear this, but I followed up with Chen’s neighbors. And several confirmed seeing what can only be described as a telekinetic event at Chen’s property three nights ago.
Castle: And remind me how stolen bearer bonds have nothing to do with telekinesis?
Beckett: You know, there is a logical explanation, okay?
Castle: I’d – love to hear it.
(Both Castle and Ryan turn to Beckett expectantly.)
Beckett: Okay, fine. Madison knew that those bonds were in Chen’s house. Her father is, after all, his lawyer. So um … she’s looking for the next big score, she’s scoping out the house, except Chen’s guards are around all the time. So knowing that Chen is superstitious she stages a supernatural event to scare everyone out of the house.
Ryan: That’s actually really … logical.
Beckett: Thank you.
Castle: But what about the other events? The cafeteria?
Beckett: Dry run. See if she can pull it off.
Castle: And her own death, did she stage that, too?
(Beckett thinks, but can’t come up with an answer.)
Beckett: Okay, fine, all right. You’re right.
Dunan: Mmm. Just one thing I need to know, Mr. – (he hesitates) – Castle. It’s haunted me for years. Where did you get the cow?
Castle: (hesitates) Put it this way, sir, if you ever need one, I know a guy.
Castle: Yeah. Listen, I know that you’re a rebel and you hate convention and blah blah blah, but Kate, would you, um … (he holds out his hand) … will you go to the dance with me?
Beckett: Do you regret it? That prank? Missing your prom? Not being here with Audra Dobson?
Castle: Not even a little bit. Everything that I’ve ever done, every choice I’ve ever made, every terrible and wonderful thing that’s ever happened to me, it’s all lead me to this moment, right here, with you.
Castle & Beckett: (simultaneously) I’ve always loved this song.
Castle: Could it be we just found a song?
Beckett: Oh, that reminds me. I had unis sweeps Lucas’s house. You know what they didn’t find? Wires, magnets, anything that would explain that stuff that we saw flying around.
Castle: You don’t think …
Beckett: (smiles) No. Now shut up and kiss me.
- The song that Castle and Beckett make their own is the same song that played in Always as Alexis gave her valedictorian speech, Esposito left to go on suspension, and Beckett cleaned out her desk, having quit the NYPD, and eventually found her way to the swing set where she and Castle shared numerous special moments.
- In My Veins performed by Andrew Belle - Castle and Beckett dance at the school's prom and make the song their wedding song.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Madison Beaumont
- Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the head from being thrown against a ceiling joist
- Perp: Kris Howard
- Motive: Fear: Kris wanted out of a theft ring started by Madison where she, Kris, and Hillary Cooper stole jewels and other valuable property from the families of students at their school, but Madison wouldn't let out of the ring.
Popular CastleTV.net Posts
From the castletv.net post-episode threads, posts with 15+ "thank-you" flags
Post 20, by Shena