Season 2, Episode 23 (33)
Original Air Date - May 10, 2010
A robbery-homicide prompts Beckett to invite Demming to assist on a case, giving Castle a ringside seat to their budding romance. When it becomes clear that the two men have very different ideas about how to proceed, the investigation becomes an unspoken competition for Beckett’s attention, one in which each man races to solve the case, as Beckett referees between her two admirers.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Detective
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle’s Daughter)
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle’s Mother)
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson - Roy Montgomery, Captain
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Michael Trucco – Detective Tom Demming
- Paul Carafotes – Lukas Canby
- Julie Claire – Lisa Jenkins
- Stephen Full – Benny
- Monica Garcia – Cleaning Lady
- Jennifer Hall – Rebecca Strong
- Jim Hoffmaster – Clerk
- Melanie Lewis – Daphne
- Kasey Mahaffy – Lance Newman
- William R. Moses – Blake Wilder
- Ella Thomas – Natasha Piper
- John Terlesky
- "Workin' Man's Blues" performed by Aceyalone
- "Crash and Burn" performed by Lifehouse plays during the scene where Richard Castle sees Kate Beckett kissing Tom Demming.
- "You And Me Belong" performed by Jes.
Full Episode Recap
Who: Damian Wilder
Found: in his bed
Where Killed: where found
How: first: single shot to the chest (missed his heart), stayed alive for quite a while (25 minutes) until second: he was hit on the head (bludgeoned) by a heavy object
- Lisa Jenkins, the shooter is head of product development at his company
- Blake Wilder, did the bludgeoning, is Damian's cousin
Motive: cover up and Greed
- Lisa didn't want to do jail time for being in charge of a dangerous product
- Blake didn't want Damian to announce the product recall because the value of his stock would drop.
Blackmailer: Rebecca Strong
Motive: since it appeared that Damian Wilder didn't care that his product was dangerous, she though that she could force the issue. She returned all of the money that LISA or BLAKE paid her because THEY didn't want the information to get out. And she did NOT kill anyone.