Season 8, Episode 8 (159)
Original Air Date - 23 November 2015
An investigation of the murder of a cruise ship entertainer brings Beckett and Castle together professionally, and the crime turns out to be connected to Beckett's LokSat evidence. Meanwhile, Hayley and Vikram try to out-hack each other, and Castle figures out what Beckett's really up to and confronts her about it.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Captain of the 12th Precinct
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Toks Olagundoye - Hayley Shipton
- Sunkrish Bala - Vikram Singh
- Arye Gross - Perlmutter
- Kristoffer Polaha - Caleb Brown
- Rob Brownstein - Captain Ziering
- Adam Korson - Isaac Dern
- Minnie Jo Mazzola – Bethany
- Annie Abbott - Diane Nelson
- Helena Barrett - Lara Madden
- Jorge Borrelli - Salvador Acosta
- Edith Fields - Sheri Nelson
- Mary-Margaret Lewis - Elaine Nelson
- Cantrell Harris - Officer Ellroy
- Anthony Nanakornpanom - Leo Longarzo
- Aaron Pont - James
- Katie von Till - Janice Elden
- Dagney Kerr - Sarah
- Scenes on the RMS Bently, the retro cruise liner in the episode, were filmed on board the original Queen Mary, which is now a tourist attraction moored in Long Beach.
Castle: (to Martha and Alexis) Ah, my two favourite redheads!
Martha: I'm so pleased about you and Katherine.
Castle: Thank you.
Martha: Try not to blow it.
Castle: Thank you.
Esposito: (seeing Perlmutter's beard) Yo, Perlmutter. Ah, so you've gone full hipster now!
Ryan: Yeah, have you started jarring artisanal pickles yet?
Perlmutter: Ah, you've come bearing jokes. Wonderful.
Beckett: She was shot in the head. So unless she tripped and fell on a bullet, it wasn't an accident.
Castle: (striking Titanic-style pose) I'm the king of the world!
Beckett: This can't be happening.
Beckett: How did you get on board?
Castle: We always talked about buying a boat. What do you think? I know it's a fixer-upper.
Beckett: I don't know. Maybe for our second anniversary?
Castle: Ah, I don't think anything's going to compare to the first.
Beckett: Are we moving?
Castle: Beckett, I think your crime scene's making a run for it.
Bethany: I thought you said you had professional dancing experience?
Castle: (breathless): Yeah I was a professional ... square dancer ... lot less cardio.
Castle: (searching) You know, we really should take a little cruise. Imagine all the secret romantic interludes we could have...
Beckett: (searching) You mean like that scene in Titanic? The one with the old car?
Castle: Yeah. Jack and Rose and the steamy windows ... We could just jump in one of these lifeboats ...
Castle and Beckett: (together, realising) The lifeboats!
Martha: I told you that if you can't tell your mother what you are doing, you shouldn't be doing it.
Castle: Yes. When I was eight.
Martha: Well, exactly, and you should know better by now.
Castle: When I hung up my shingle as a P.I., I knew I'd have to follow some wives. I never thought one would be my own.
Castle: I'd walk into a tornado for you, Kate.
Beckett: And I would die if I lost you.
Beckett: I need you, Rick. I didn't even realise how much I needed you until this happened. Please, just don't make me do this without you.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Lara Madden, cruise ship dancer
- Cause of death: Shot in the head, found floating in the water
- Perp: Salvador Acosta (probably)
- Motive: To prevent Laura Madden revealing what she had discovered about the drugs trafficking on board