Season 2, Episode 9 (19)
Original Air Date: November 16, 2009
The murder of an Assistant District Attorney thrusts Castle and Beckett into the world of ex-cons and escorts. But when Castle’s desire to help a vulnerable call girl endangers the case, Beckett is forced to decide between honoring promises and putting a killer behind bars. Matters are complicated even further when Castle’s daughter shares a potentially explosive secret with Beckett instead of her father.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Detective
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle’s Daughter)
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle’s Mother)
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson - Roy Montgomery, Captain
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Charles Chun – Paul Cho
- Carrie Ann Inaba – Nicole Cameron
- Jonathan LaPaglia – John Knox
- Ray Laska – Dan Tonelli
- Michaela McManus – Scarlett Price
- Danny Nucci – Vince Mazzara
- J.B. Smoove – Norman Jessup
Beckett: (to witness) So that means you’re lying to me.
Castle: She hates being lied to.
Beckett: For what?
Castle: For not saying I told you so.
Beckett: Oh, that starts tomorrow.
Full Episode Recap
Detailed episode information to go here...
Who: Jack Buckley, Assistant District Attorney, one of the good guys - but he had taken over / was running DanTon - a prostitution ring
Found: Dropped on a car as it was leaving a parking garage
Where Killed: on the roof of the parking garage, on the east side
How: Thrown off a roof
Killer: John Knox, working for Scarlett
Motive: completing the hostile takeover of the prostitution ring
Who: John Knox
Found: in an apartment, where "he had taken Scarlett hostage" - NOT
Where Killed: in the apartment
How: multiple gun shot wounds
Killer: Scarlett Price
Motive: greed, she took over the prostitution ring. She worked as a clerk in Buckley's office and as one of the call girls