Season 7, Episode 9 (137)
Original Air Date - December 1, 2014
Castle fanboys out when his and Beckett's latest victim is a retired 1980's action movie star, Lance DeLorca, whom Castle idolized when he was young and when the investigation introduces him to other action stars who were working with Lance on an Expendables-type film. Meanwhile, Beckett says goodbye to her apartment and, inspired by the case, Ryan searches for a movie-worthy tagline that fits his work as a cop.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Detective
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers, Castle's mother
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle, Castle's daughter
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Penny Johnson Jerald - Victoria Gates, Captain
- Ted McGinley - Brock Harmon
- Kathleen York - Kat Kingsley, Lance's wife
- Nick Jandl - Trey, Brock's son
- Adoni Maropis - Henry Allen Boothe
- Krista Allen - Naomi Duvray, Brock's wife
- Maya Stojan - Tory Ellis, NYPD Tech
- Gonzalo Escudero - Enrique Gomez
- Geno Segers - Ernest Howe, Lance's bodyguard
- Joseph Aviel - Rolf Magnus
- Marques Johnson - Clay Biggs
- Leann Lei - Serafina
- Ryan Krause - Young Brock Harmon
- Alandrea Martin - Young Naomi Duvray
- Beth Nintzel - Young Kat Kingsley
- Dash Pomerantz - Bartender
- Antoine Perry - Usher
- Morgan Benoit - Lance DeLorca
Castle: You Okay?
Beckett: Yeah, sure. I’m fine.
Esposito: Which can’t be said for our dead guy.
Esposito: Yeah, I was never a fan.
Ryan: Me either. What’s he done lately, anyway?
Esposito: Yeah, right?
Castle: Beat leukemia.
Castle: This man was a lethal weapon.
Beckett: Yeah, well, not lethal enough.
Castle: I was raised by a single mother. Hard Kill was how I got my bro-time.
Ryan: That explains so much.
(Ryan and Esposito are watching an action movie where a buxom archaeologist is being saved from her kidnapper)
Ryan: The redhead, she’s an archaeologist? That strains credibility.
Esposito: Yeah, in a good way.
Beckett: Hard at work investigating, I see.
Beckett: While you were having your B-movie festival, I tracked her down. She’s in New York. She’s shooting a film and she’s on her way in now.
Castle: (Jumps up excitedly, bumping into Ryan) She’s coming here? I had her poster on my wall for like – (He sees Beckett’s judgmental look) – about a minute.
Castle: Mark my words: this case is going to lead us into a labyrinthian world of deceit, villainy, and international espionage. This is better than one of his movies.
Beckett: After what I saw it’d have to be.
Ryan: (Reading the tagline on a DVD) "Time to hit Cruz control." Maybe that’s what I need. (To himself) Time to meet hard justice. Time for prison time.
Esposito: Yeah, you keep working on that, bro.
Ryan: Time to pay the bill for doing the kill.
Esposito: Okay, on second thought: don’t.
Castle: My hero was a liar. And a goat herder.
Beckett: Yes, well, despite this deeply personal betrayal…we still have a murder to solve.
Castle: How? We’re back to square one.
Beckett: Not necessarily. I mean, there’s still the mystery woman who followed Lance from the SRO.
Tory Ellis: She may not be a mystery any more.
Castle: Is she a goat herder?
Esposito: Whoa! Now that is a sexy outfit for an interrogation.
Castle: It’s her costume. They took her right from the set of her movie.
Ryan: Man, she is really –
Ryan: - holding up well.
Beckett: Why didn’t you tell us this before?
Kat: I panicked! I’m trying to restart my career. I just knew how it might look.
Beckett: Well, that’s because it’s exactly how it does look.
Beckett: I don’t know, maybe it’s the way that he said it that struck a nerve.
Lanie: Well, tact isn’t exactly the man’s middle name.
Beckett: Okay, but it’s my place, you know? It’s not Castle’s. Who cares if he never liked it? I mean, I don’t know why I got so upset.
Lanie: Because. To him, this is just an apartment with creaky floors. But to you, this is where you rebuilt your life, where you solved your mother’s murder. Where you fell in love.
Beckett: Well, to the best apartment ever. (She raises a wine glass in a toast)
Lanie: To the best apartment ever.
Ryan: You know what time it is? It’s Ryan time.
Esposito: Please. Just stop.
Ryan: Name’s Ryan and I hate lyin’.
Ernest: Look, I don’t want any more trouble.
Ryan: Oh, you’ve got trouble. Ryan trouble.
Ernest: I don’t know what that means.
Castle: You are never going to believe what just happened. Brock invited me to go drinking with The Indestructibles. Me! With them!
Beckett: But you told them that you couldn’t because you’re in the middle of a case, right?
Castle: No. What? No! I just – what – isn’t it okay if I –
Beckett: Castle, you really think that I could stand between you and your boyhood dream.
Castle: You are my boyhood dream.
Castle: Well, you and drinking with The Indestructibles.
Beckett: You don’t always have to keep talking.
Beckett: Okay, go cue up the movie, open up a bottle of wine. I’ll be home in a bit. I’ve just got a stop to make first.
Castle: Well, if I’m thinking what you’re thinking and it’s to pick up a sexy archaeologist costume, don’t worry. (He whispers) I’ve already got the whip.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Lance DeLorca
- Cause of Death: Strangulation with a garotte
- Cause of Death: Strangulation with a garotte
- Perp: Naomi Duvray
- Motive: She discovered that her son, Trey, was actually Lance's son from when she'd cheated on Brock while filming one of the "Hard Kill" films. Lance was going to tell Brock so she killed him to stop him.