Season 5, Episode 12 (93)
Original Air Date - January 21, 2013
When Castle and Beckett investigate the death of Beau Randolph, notorious producer of the College Girls Gone Wild series of videos, there is no shortage of suspects, including his female body guard, to whom Esposito finds himself attracted. Meanwhile, Castle becomes concerned for Alexis' welfare when he discovers she's begun a video blog.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Detective
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Penny Johnson Jerald - Victoria Gates, Captain
- Kelly Hu - Scarlet Jones
- Jordan Belfi - Beau Randolph
- Chad Donella - Troy Strickland
- Gillian Alexy - Candice Mayfield
- Conor O'Farrell - Ronald Armstrong
- Lex Medlin - Seth Parrino
- Spencer Garrett - Evan Pierce
- Anthony Starke - Gary Moore
- Vail Bloom - Tiffany Shaw
- Sean Poolman - Bartender
Martha: Darling, why don’t you just answer your phone. Oh and it’s Beckett. Maybe she has a nice murder to distract you from your parental paranoia.
Esposito: $250 for a bra?
Lanie: Oh, but it’s ok to spend that kind of money on a pair of sneakers, right?
Esposito: A pair of sneakers is practical, ok? They’re gonna support your, um-
Troy: This company was the family he never had. People thought he was this sleaze, surrounding himself with all these women, but it was because he was looking for something he couldn’t find.
Esposito: Yo, how’s the “inbreastigation” going?
Ryan: And that’s why you’re still single.
Beckett: So then maybe you can explain this (shows photo). It appears to be you stealing an SD card.
Castle: And before you say evil twin, just know (points to himself) it’s been done.
Scarlet: He got physical so I, uh, stepped in.
Castle: And then what?
Scarlet: Broke his nose and a couple of ribs, I think.
Esposito: Did you hear that? She broke his nose.
Ryan: Yeah, so?
Esposito: So, that’s hot.
Ryan: Who are you?
Esposito: Yo, Scarlett’s friend Mindy confirmed her story about the sex tape, plus two of the valets saw her leave the club at 11:45, so it looks like her alibi’s checking out.
Beckett: You know, you seem unusually happy about this.
Esposito: No, I’m just, you know…working the case.
Alexis: So, this is what you do all day?
Castle: (chuckles) Right. Whoa! No, it’s work.
Castle: We’re not here about your dancers, Mr. Perrino. (Sees Beckett is distracted by scantily clad men) Are we?
Esposito: Do you think we could have Ryan do that? I have plans.
Beckett: Really? Do these plans have a name? (Sees Esposito look at photo of Scarlett) Oh, shut up. You didn’t.
Esposito: She broke a guy’s nose. You know she’s gotta be freaky.
Ryan: Hey, where you going?
Beckett: Don’t ask.
Ryan: Well, um, I never thought I’d say this after graduating the sixth grade, but our bra research is in.
Tiffany: Oh my God, my bra! Thank you so much. Where did you guys find this?
Beckett: Wrapped around Beau Randolph’s neck, strangling him to death.
Scarlet: Why don’t we continue this conversation at my place?
Beckett: Or, better yet, why don’t we continue this conversation back at my place?
Esposito: She’s hot. She kicks ass. She’s a corporate spy. Man, she is perfect. Why’d she have to be the bad guy?
Ryan: Sorry we had to cop block you, bro.
Castle: If this case has taught me anything, it’s that if you put something out there, anyone can see it from a future job interviewer to an Internet creep.
Alexis: You don’t think I know that. My generation grew up in a digital fishbowl. No matter how careful we are, stuff will get out there. Friends will tag me in photos inevitably doing something stupid. Why should that define me? Why can’t I go out there and define myself…I know you wanna keep me safe, but the only way to do that is wrap me in bubble wrap and hide me in a cave.
Castle: Believe me. I’ve thought about it. The thing is, Alexis, there are bad people out there who do bad things. The more you expose-
Alexis: Dad, you know me. I’m careful and smart, but I need to live my life my way.
Castle: Alright. But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop worrying. That doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop caring or reminding you from time to time that you are indeed wrong.
Alexis: And I wouldn’t want you to.
Castle: It’s hard isn’t it, when the killer turns out to be a better person that the victim?
Beckett: Do you think he’ll be able to accept his grandchild?
Beckett: What makes you so sure?
Castle: Because a father would do anything for his daughter.
- The character of Beau Randolph last appeared in season 4's Head Case and was then also played by Jordan Belfi.
- This episode was being shot during the same week as the second Castle Charity Fan Convention was being held in California.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Beau Randolph
- Cause of Death: Strangled with woman's brassiere
- Perp: Troy Strickland, Beau's photographer
- Motive: Greed: Beau wanted to shut down the company since he was becoming a father, but Troy wanted to keep it going to make money.
Popular CastleTV.net Posts