Season 8, Episode 22 (173)
Original Air Date - 16 May 2016
Beckett, Castle, Hayley, and Vikram use the information Caleb Brown provided to set up an ambush for LokSat - but end up sitting ducks themselves. Once they escape, it becomes more and more difficult to figure out which clues are reliable, which are fabricated, and whom they can trust.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Captain of the 12th Precinct
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Toks Olagundoye - Hayley Shipton
- Sunkrish Bala - Vikram Singh
- Kristoffer Polaha - Caleb Brown
- Gerald McRaney - Mason Wood
- Jed Rees - Flynn
(on which bystander might be LokSat)
Castle: I got twenty bucks says it's the handsy yogi over there.
Beckett: I'm going for the Carrot Top Cruella De Vil. Wait, wait. Does she look a bit like your first ex-wife?
Castle: She kind of does. Oh, my God. Could my ex-wife be LokSat? 'Cause in a lot of ways, that would make perfect sense.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Unknown body in the trunk of a stolen car
- Cause of death: Immolation when the car is set on fire
- Perp: Flynn
- Motive: Setting up false clues to mislead Castle and Beckett
- Victim: Caleb Brown
- Cause of death: Two gunshot wounds at close range
- Perp: Kate Beckett
- Motive: Self-defense
Previous episode: Hell to Pay