Season 8, Episode 6 (157)
Original Air Date - 9 November 2015
While Beckett is out of town on police business, Castle re-encounters the wild and freewheeling Detective Ethan Slaughter, who asks for his help with a tricky burglary. But it quickly turns into a murder case when Slaughter's best informant is killed.
- Nathan Fillion - Richard Castle
- Stana Katic - Kate Beckett, Captain of the 12th Precinct
- Susan Sullivan - Martha Rodgers (Castle's mother)
- Molly C. Quinn - Alexis Castle (Castle's daughter)
- Jon Huertas - Javier Esposito, Detective
- Seamus Dever - Kevin Ryan, Detective
- Tamala Jones - Lanie Parish, Medical Examiner
- Toks Olagundoye - Hayley Shipton
- Sunkrish Bala - Vikram Singh
- Adam Baldwin as Det. Ethan Slaughter
- Corey Reynolds as Mr. West
- Brett DelBuono as Louis Prince
- Phil Reeves as Ronald Booth
- Wade Allain-Marcus as Clint
- Kerry Barker as Dawn
- Al Carabello as Brian Trucco
- Lawrence Wayne Curry as Eddie
- Brian Gaskill as David Lacey
- Diane Mizota as TV Anchor
- Charles Remley III as ESU Leader
- After 157 episodes, this was the first in which Stana Katic did not appear, taking a week's holiday with her new husband and missing filming
Martha: Can your mother give you a little unsolicited advice?
Martha: Too bad. I need to work on my material.
Martha: Didn't I tell you? I'm writing a book. Unsolicited Advice by Martha Rodgers.
Castle: Heyyy, Slaughter, buddy, how you been?
Slaughter: Not enough shootouts, but otherwise stellar!
Alexis: We're swamped.
Martha: Completely swamped.
Slaughter: OK. You don't have to tell me twice. I got it. Great to see you again, Sherlock. I had some stories I was gonna tell you to help you with your next book. Like this time I was chasing this cartel hit team through the sewers for three days. But that's just going to have to be for another time. Ciao! (He leaves)
Castle: Cartel hit team? ....
Martha: Be strong, Richard.
Castle: Through the sewers...? (He rushes after Slaughter) Slaughter! Wait! (Collides with him) I'm in.
Slaughter: Isn't this fun? You and me together again? Like Butch and Sundance.
Castle: You know they die at the end of the movie, right?
Slaughter: (catching the hidden gun out of Castle's desk) What are you, Inspector Gadget? This is a gun, not a pen.
Slaughter: Whoa, she speaks British! That's hot.
Hayley: Wow, it's always a pleasure meeting one of your friends, Rick.
(Slaughter throws Castle's phone out of the car window)
Castle: I lose more phones in this line of work...
Castle: I pictured your decor less Architectural Digest, more Guns & Ammo.
Castle: I had no idea that you were married! What's her name?
Castle: (Noticing La Boheme poster): And I take it Maddie likes the opera?
Slaughter: She's a mezzo-soprano at the New York City Opera.
Castle: I'm sorry .. Maddie as in ... Madeleine Corday? I - I've seen her perform! She's an absolute revelation! I just can't picture her ... with you. How'd you even meet her?
Slaughter: College. We had the same major... (realising what he' s said)
Castle: You majored in opera singing?
Slaughter: No. Musical theatre.
Slaughter: Yeah. And if you tell anyone I'm gonna force-feed you your spleen. Through your nose.
Castle: Yeah, sorry, I'm trying to be scared. I just keep picturing you doing jazz hands.
Slaughter: Her career took off. Mine failed to launch.
Slaughter: You’re too smart to be talking this stupid, Sherlock. If you really love that broad, you figure out what the problem is and you do something.
Castle: Well, I've tried. She won't let me in.
Slaughter: Then quit asking permission.
Full Episode Recap
- Victim: Victor Lee, manager of a burger joint, confidential informant
- Cause of death: Stabbed in the neck
- Perp: Mark West, former accountant, now works with at-risk youth
- Motive: Lee confronted West about West's plan to piggy-back on Lee's heist at the office of billionaire Ronald Booth