Andrew W. Marlowe created the series Castle. In addition to being the showrunner Marlowe served as Executive Producer and lead writer of the series from season 1 to season 7. He says he created Castle because he felt that interesting characters had disappeared from police procedurals in recent years. "I was missing the fun characters that I saw on TV growing up - like Moonlighting. On those shows, you really got a sense of who the people were and that is what you were following more than the case. I wanted to bring something like that back to television. It felt like there was room for it since the other shows were doing things that were different. They were not focusing on characters."
He and his wife Terri Edda Miller, also a writer and producer on the show, left Castle at the end of the seventh season, handing over to veteran writers Terence Paul Winter and Alexi Hawley. They said farewell on Twitter  with a modified version of Alexis's graduation speech at the end of Always, and adding: 'To the Castle fandom: thank you for seven amazing seasons. It's been an honor. We loved every second of it.'
Andrew W. Marlowe served as Executive Producer on every episode of Castle's first seven seasons. He and Terri also had cameo appearances in The Lives of Others, Castle's 100th episode, and Hollander's Woods, the season 7 finale, which they wrote together.
Primary Writer on:
- Flowers For Your Grave
- Hell Hath No Fury
- A Death in the Family
- Deep In Death
- A Deadly Game
- A Deadly Affair
- Probable Cause
- The Lives of Others
- Time Will Tell
- Under Fire
- In the Belly of the Beast
- For Better or for Worse
- Hollander's Woods
Marlowe is also know for other works in TV and Film, most notably as the writer of the successful Harrison Ford film Air Force One in 1997. He also wrote the screenplay for the 2000 film Hollow Man that featured Kevin Bacon and Elisabeth Shue.
- 2009-2014 Castle (Creator, Executive Producer, Writer of 22 episodes)
- 2006 Hollow Man II (Writer)
- 2004 DysEnchanted (Executive Producer)
- 2000 Hollow Man (Screenplay, Story)
- 1999 End of Days (Co-Producer, Writer)
- 1997 Air Force One (Writer)
- 1994 Viper (Writer - Mind Games, The Scoop)
Marlowe has three films in development
- Andrew W. Marlowe is married to Terri Edda Miller who also serves as a Producer and Writer on Castle.
- Most of Marlowe's Castle episodes have been directed by Rob Bowman
- Has a Bachelor's degree in English Literature from Columbia University
- Is a fan of writers Nero Wolfe, Agatha Christie, Ellery Queen, Robert Parker, James Patterson, and the Hardy Boys.
Twitter Account: @AndrewWMarlowe
- Executive Dossier: Indiantelevision.com interview with Andrew Marlowe posted December 20, 2010
- Tweet from @AndrewWMarlowe, 12 May 2015
- Andrew Marlowe page at Internet Movie Database
- Castle creator Andrew W. Marlowe tears down the cop show walls, written by Abbie Bernstein, AssignmentX.com, posted April 11, 2011