From Amazon.com: Derrick Storm is back--this time with a crack team of ghost CIA operatives. These former agents have all faked their own deaths and now work for the CIA on a strictly secret basis, taking on dangerous and illegal jobs the agency may not officially carry out. They're headed to the Molguzar Mountains to look for sixty billion dollars' worth of gold hidden by the KGB before the collapse of the Soviet Union, and taking a perilous detour to rescue FBI agent April Showers from a sociopathic torturer. But Storm's loyalties are put to the test as the mission begins to unravel into a bloody mountaintop showdown, and he and Showers must find out the hard way that their assignment may not be what they thought it was...
- Author: Richard Castle
- File Size: 1635 KB
- Print Length: 90 pages
- Publisher: Kingswell (August 7, 2012)
- Publication Date: August 7, 2012
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00MYMPFIO
- Derrick Storm – Rugged ex-Marine and private detective, recruited to intelligence work by former lover Clara Strike and now the top agent for a secret CIA unit
- Jedediah Jones – Veteran, secretive CIA insider, head of the unnamed special unit for which Storm works
- April Showers - FBI special agent in charge of the investigation who regards Storm with considerable suspicion
- Clara Strike - Enigmatic and elusive CIA agent, mentor and former lover of Rook's (appears in flashback)
- Oleg Barkovsky - Charismatic, populist president of Russia who wants to reassert the power of the Soviet Union.
- Mikhail Sokolov - President Barkovsky's chief of staff
- Agent Douglas Cumerford - FBI agent sent to escort April Showers back to the US
- Thomas Gordon - Ostensibly a State Department official accompanying Cumerford: probably a CIA agent
- Dilya – One of three incognito agents sent to help Storm find the gold, an Uzbek
- Oscar - Second of the incognito agents, a Russian geologist
- Casper - third of the incognito agents, a hard-nosed US assassin
- Hasan Sadikov - torturer who attempts to interrogate April Showers
References to Castle Episodes, Cast, Crew
- At one point Dilya advises Storm to pretend he is a TV producer from Dancing With The Stars to explain his presence in Kazakhstan. Dancing With The Stars was the show that preceded Castle on Monday nights for its entire eight-year run on ABC.